Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Holidays have arrived!


I can tell you that the holidays have officially arrived. How do I know? In addition to the Christmas music playing non-stop on a couple of radio stations, the decorated stores and the barrage of toy commercials on the TV, I’ve spent several hours this week wrapping gifts for one client and sending them to her family overseas.

This is one of my favorite times of year. Despite the arrival of the cold weather, I enjoy all the festivities that happen between Thanksgiving and the New Year. At Fini, it’s our busiest season as we help clients with all aspects of the holidays from gift shopping and wrapping to decorating and planning parties, plus last minute holiday travel.

It’s also a time for reflection. The year has gone by so fast and there are less than six weeks left before 2009! I’m not so committed to the idea of New Year’s Resolutions, but every year I do set goals and think about where I’d like to be at the end of that year, both professionally and personally. With only a few weeks left, I better get working on some of them!

Before you get swept up in the festivities of the season, take some time to think about how you want to finish off 2008…and start towards a wonderful 2009.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: